Saturday, February 26, 2005

Saying No


Filming Bollywood
Originally uploaded by Natmandu.
I've uploaded a few new pics, but Hampi is not exactly on the information superhighway - more like a lay-by - so not too many pics yet as it takes forever! This one is of filming of a new movie at the AVM studios, Chennai - Tamil Nadu has its own center of film-making to rival Mumbai.

India teaches you to say no, that's what I've learnt through extensive practise so far:

No, no sandals thanks.
No, no rickshaw. Thank you.
No, no postcards.
No, no, no, I will not pay you 150 rupees for a rickshaw just down the road.
No, I don't need a tour guide, thanks.
No, sorry, I have no foreign coins.
Or Indian ones.
No, I have no school pens. Sorry.
No, I really don't need a rickshaw.
No, no passion fruit, papaya, mango or pineapple needed thank you.

3 comments:

nick said...

You're not in Shanghai next week are you? Question Time is coming from there and they were looking for audience members.

Y tho said...

Nope! Arriving in Shanghai some time during April. I would have loved to go though, and pretend to be some reactionary loud-mouthed nutcase maybe?!

Y tho said...

No, me neither - but i can't watch question time so much of the time when they ship as many nutters in as they do... it's like high-brow Trisha...