Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I haven't learnt much, but...


Surfacing
Originally uploaded by Natmandu.
...one thing I have learnt so far is that e-mail is a pain in the neck. Hotmail never worked in India so I relied on Gmail, and now Gmail never works in China, so I have to rely on Hotmail - this is a real pain in the neck as Hotmail isn't a patch on Gmail.

So, Nathan's definitive travel tip no.2 - before going travelling, get more than one e-mail account, and set at least one to forward to another. There's nothing worse than knowing you have e-mail but not being able to get at it. Well, there is quite a lot worse, such as being forced to listen to Celine Dion singing 'My Heart Will Go On' again and again everywhere you go in China, or buying what sounded like tasty red bean soup with crab meat and it turning out to be wobbly fishy snot.

1 comment:

Y tho said...

Dude, I'm still here you know! I'm sure they can give me hard labour just for having a friend who said that!