Friday, January 06, 2006

Travelling bloggers take over

Friends are away travelling at the moment, and they're blogging like crazy. This is great because I'm getting to travel further, vicariously, through them (and I swear they're all seeing more and having a better time than I did), and it's also great because I'm spared getting those 'biblical epic' e-mails detailing what someone had for breakfast and how hilarious it was when they fell off an elephant or something. If most people are honest, they ignore travel e-mails, or they're busy at work and leave the e-mails to slip out of view in the Inbox, returning to them three months later when the person who wrote it has probably got back anyway. A blog is always there and doesn't ask anything of you - much more inviting.

Matt and Michelle are currently enjoying the sight of vomiting Japanese tourists in Australia, and are keeping a blog... Jon, Tim and Chrissie (aka the band Approach) are doing the same, and about to head to New Zealand in their bid to take their band's unique sound to the Antipodes.

I had a shock today. A parcel of wall hangings I bought in Kerala in February of last year, nearly a year ago now, and had posted to the UK, arrived today, a long time after I'd assumed it had disappeared into the ether. That must be some kind of record.

I'm getting around to posting on Bolivia. It's a crazy, fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants tale of loony tour guides, dodgy food and table football. Watch this space.

No comments: