Sunday, September 12, 2004

Reasons for going travelling

Why am I going away? This is a good question. Do I need to have a good reason to leave behind responsibility, family and friends for anything up to a year?

I've been thinking about exactly why it is that I'm going away. I have a load of reasons, I think. I was concerned about the idea of travelling for a while as everyone I knew was doing it in my early twenties, so I wanted to do it. If they could, why couldn't I? This was of course the worst possible reason to want to go away. Reading the Rough Guides book 'first time around the world' confirmed this, saying that you should go travelling when you felt ready, not when someone told you it was a good time to.

So now I'm 29, and my reasons are... let me get back to that...

No comments: