Sunday, September 12, 2004

Reasons to be cheerful... 1,2,3

I just like that as a subject so I thought I'd use it - it's the name of a good Ian Dury song, which was almost like a rap in that it was a long list of reasons why you should be cheerful - maybe just if you're Ian Dury, it is all subjective after all.

Anyway, reasons for going travelling:

1. Shockabuku. To quote Minnie Driver's character Debi in Grosse Point Blank (all time top ten film), it is the swift spiritual kick to the head that alters your reality forever. I think I need that, and seeing as how India is likely to be my first destination, I think I'm sure to experience it. I've heard India enthrals, delights and infuriates all at once. Shockabuku is needed to clear a severe creative, mental and emotional blockage. I can't keep my mind on one thing for more than fifteen seconds, and when I do, I find that an effort. I can't express myself as well as I'd like with people, and I simply find myself not feeling much of anything about anything. I'm bored out of my tiny little mind!

No comments: