Monday, January 03, 2005

Lovely kit

mmm... mesh bag...Lifeventure equipment is lovely stuff. I have no idea if it is actually used by 'proper' travellers (whoever they are, I've not met any yet), but it has the appearance of the equipment of choice for the hardened traveller.

You have no idea what I'm on about. It's fine.

Everything is blue, everything comes in mesh bags, it all looks utilitarian and no-frills, tough and cool. Tough as in hard-wearing, not tough as in Magnum PI or Hannibal out of the A-Team. I've ended up with so much Lifeventure stuff I should get sponsorship. The only question is, when I saunter into some backpacker hostel in Oz, will all the other backpackers look at my equipment, tut, and mutter "tourist" under their breath?

1 comment:

Y tho said...

But the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy specifically states that a towel is the required piece of equipment! And I quote - "hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's one frood who really knows where his towel is".

Ah, you're probably right.